Every announcement from The Game Awards 2018.
The Game Awards have wrapped up for another year and all the winners have been revealed. But it’s not just about awards, it’s also a great opportunity for the industry to make exciting announcements. Here is every announcement from The Game Awards 2018. We’ll start with the bigger announcements first:
Sayonara Wild Hearts
New game from mobile developer Simogo. Described as “a euphoric music video dream about being awesome, riding motorcycles, skateboarding, dance battling, shooting lasers, wielding swords, and breaking hearts at 200mph”. Yeah, that’s quite a lot in just one game. Coming to the Switch in 2019.
Journey to the Savage Planet
First game from Typhoon Studios. A first-person adventure game where players are dropped into a strange alien planet in order to solve the planet’s mystery. Launching on PC, PS4, and Xbox One in 2019.
The Stanley Parable is Coming to Consoles in 2019
2013’s hilarious “walking simulator” is getting an Ultra Deluxe Edition, and it’s coming to consoles in 2019. Featuring new content, new choices, and new endings. And yes, the new content is coming to PC as well. You’ll get a few chuckles from this new trailer.
A colourful survival sandbox game set in the wilderness. Hitting Steam Early Access in 2019.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
New Ultimate Alliance game, and it’s coming exclusively to the Switch in 2019.
Far Cry New Dawn
Post-apocalyptic sequel to Far Cry 5. Set 17 years after the ending of Far Cry 5. Coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on 15th February, 2018.
The latest title from Supergiant Games (Bastion, Transistor, and Pyre). Described as a hack and slash rougue-like dungeon crawler. Out now in early access, exclusively on the newly launched Epic Games Store.
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey
New indie project from Assassin’s Creed creator Patrick Désilets. Open-world exploration survival game. Set in Africa, starting 10 million years ago, in the early years of humankind’s evolution. Coming to PC, PS4, and XboX One in 2019.
First game from new Seattle-based studio Midwinter Entertainment. A survival shooter, where teams need to cooperate to survive, but compete to win. You can sign up to playtest the game in 2019 on the official game website.
The Outer Worlds
The mysterious, untitled Obsidian game now finally has a title. Looks like a futuristic tinged Fallout. Could this be a spiritual successor to Fallout: New Vegas or an entirely new experience? Coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One. No release date details at this time.
The Last Campfire
The next game from No Man’s Sky developer Hello Games. Unsurprisingly, this new game looks like a much smaller experience. Not a lot of details about the game have been revealed yet, but it appears to be a story-driven adventure game.
Pirate themed survival MMO from the developers of Ark: Survival Evolved. Releasing on Steam in Early Access on 13th December, 2018.
New game from the creators of Abzû. Supernatural forest adventure game, where the player assumes the role of the Hunter, accompanied by an eagle companion. Launching on PC (as an Epic Games Store exclusive), and PS4 in 2019.
Mortal Kombat 11
The 11th instalment of the brutally violent fighting game franchise. Launching on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on 23rd April, 2019.
The long awaited sequel from Double Fine Productions finally gets it’s first official trailer. Looks good, and there are a lot of familiar characters. Coming 2019.
That’s the bigger announcements, here’s the rest of the announcements:
- Rocket League – New DLC based on the McLaren 570S car. Available now.
- Forza Horizon 4 – First expansion announced: Fortune Island. Releases 13th December, 2018.
- Anthem – A demo will be available on 25th January, 2019 for anyone who pre-orders the game. For everyone else, the demo the be available on 1st February.
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled Remaster – Releasing on PS4, Xbox One, and Switch on 21st June, 2019.
- Dauntless – Coming to PC (Epic Games Store), PS4, and Xbox One April 2019. Coming to Switch and mobile at a later time. Interestingly, cross-play is planned for all platforms.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds – Vikendi, new snow map available now on PC test servers with a full release on 19th December. The new map will release on consoles sometime in January 2019. Oh, and the game is now available on PS4.
- Dragon Age The Dread Wolf Rises – Teaser trailer for upcoming Dragon Age game.
- Stranger Things 3 – A teaser trailer for a mobile game based on the TV show was revealed.
- Fortnite – “The Block” announced. Intended to highlight some of the best user creations made in creative mode.
- Rage 2 – Release date announced: 14th May, 2019 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Joker from Persona 5 announced as the game’s first downloadable character.
And that’s every announcement from The Game Awards 2018 wrapped up.
Which announcements have you the most excited?