An introduction to Fortnite for parents.
What is it?
- Fortnite is an online multi-platform video game with 100 players battling to survive.
- 40 million people play it each month, and it boasts over 200 million players in total.
Here’s 5 things every parent should know about Fortnite:
- The game is violent, but the violence is cartoon like. Children can test their creativity by building things and showing their friends.
- Fortnite is free-to-play, but watch out for the in-game purchases which can soon add up.
- Parental controls can be activated on most platforms.
- People can talk to your child, and there are no filters for text or voice. You can however, turn off text and voice, and report players.
- The game is addictive, and you’ll need to control your child’s playtime.
Overall, is Fortnite safe for children?
- With the right supervision, it can be. It’s a positive social activity that keeps your child connected to their friends.
- Take advantage of parental controls to ensure your children aren’t playing for too long, monitor the in-game chat and your credit card.
Written by Miles Mertens