All notable game releases for April 2019.
2019 has got off to a strong start with a number of mighty releases in the year’s first quarter. As we begin this year’s second quarter, the number of high profile releases seems to have calmed down a bit. However, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t a lot of games to look forward to. Here are all the notable game releases for April 2019. As always, we’ll start with the highlights:
PC | Blue Byte | 16th April, 2019 | Link
The latest instalment in the city building/real-time strategy franchise. Interestingly, Anno 1800 sees a return to a historical setting, during the Industrial Revolution. Thankfully, Anno 1800 will see a return of some traditional features such as multiplayer, sandbox mode, and randomly generated maps. The game will also introduce new features such as tourism, and blue-printing. Make sure you view our buying guide to Anno 1800.
Mortal Kombat 11
PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch | NetherRealm Studios | 23rd April, 2019 | Link
The latest instalment in the long-running, ultra-violent fighting game franchise. Mortal Kombat 11 will be a 2.5D fighting game just like it’s predecessor. As expected, staples such as Fatalities, and Brutalities make a return. Along with new additions such as Fatal Blows, and Krushing Blows.
PC | Paradox Development Studio | 25th April, 2019 | Link
The latest grand strategy wargame from Paradox, and sequel to Europa Universalis: Rome. The timeline of the game will include the period of the establishment of the Roman Empire. The game’s map spans from Iberian Peninsula to India, and all nations will be playable.
SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech
Switch | Image & Form Games | 25th April, 2019 | Link
The latest game in the SteamWorld universe, this time, it’s a turn-based role-playing card game. The game will mix steampunk robots with traditional fantasy. SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech will release on the Switch in April, coming to other platforms later.
PS4 | SIE Bend Studio | 26th April, 2019 | Link
Third-person action-adventure survival horror game from Sony. Set in a post-apocalyptic open world, players take control of Deacon St. John, a bounty hunter. Players will battle against zombies known as “Freakers” using stealth, or long and short range weapons.
That’s the highlights, let’s take a look at the rest of the game releases for April 2019:
- HomeGrove (PC)
- Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (PS4)
- The 7th Guest: 25th Anniversary Edition (PC)
- Death Mark (PC)
- Dance of Death: Du Lac & Fey (PC)
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
- Shovel Knight Showdown (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, Wii U)
- Zanki Zero: Last Beginning (PC, PS4)
- The Mystery Of Woolley Mountain (PC)
- Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko’s Hysteric Birthday Bash (PC)
- Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain (PS4)
- JetX (PC)
- One Finger Death Punch 2 (PC)
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Xbox One, Switch)
- World War Z (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Cuphead (Switch)
- God’s Trigger (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Katana Zero (PC, Switch)
- Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (Switch)
- Umihara Kawase Fresh (Switch)
- BoxBoy and BoxGirl (Switch)
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Xbox One, Switch)
- Tales of the Neon Sea (PC)
- UBOAT (PC)
That’s all the notable game releases for April 2019. As always, we’ll update as more release dates get confirmed.
What games are you looking forward to for April 2019?