All of the winners of the Gamescom 2018 Awards.
The winners of the Gamescom 2018 Awards have been announced, after the nominees were revealed last week. Ori and the Will of the Wisps comes out on top, being the only game to take 2 awards; Best Puzzle/Skill Game and Best Xbox One Game. Marvel’s Spider-Man, the game with the most nominations (4), takes away only one award for Best PlayStation 4 Game. Interestingly, Activision Blizzard and Microsoft take the most awards as publishers with 3 awards each. The biggest losers are Life is Strange 2, F1 2018 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider since each game received 3 nominations but none of them received any awards.
- Best Action Game: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Activision Blizzard)
- Best Add-On/DLC: Destiny 2: Forsaken (Activision Blizzard)
- Best Casual Game: Team Sonic Racing (Koch Media)
- Best Family Game: Super Mario Party (Nintendo)
- Best Puzzle/Skill Game: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Microsoft)
- Best Racing Game: Forza Horizon 4 (Microsoft)
- Best Role Playing Game: Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition (Bandai Namco Entertainment)
- Best Simulation Game: Farming Simulator 19 (astragon Entertainment)
- Best Social/Online Game: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (Activision Blizzard)
- Best Sports Game: FIFA 19 (Electronic Arts)
- Best Strategy Game: Total War: Three Kingdoms (Koch Media)
- Best PlayStation 4 Game:Marvel’s Spider-Man (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Best Xbox One Game: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Microsoft)
- Best Nintendo Switch Game: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo)
- Best PC Game: Anno 1800 (Ubisoft)
- Best Mobile Game: Shadowgun War Games (Madfinger Games)
Additionally, more awards were given out by the panel of journalists and YouTubers. Amazingly, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice picks up Best of Gamescom 2018, it’s second award, equalling Ori and the Will of the Wisps as the games with the most awards. In an award ceremony that’s dominated by AAA titles, it’s nice to see Lost Ember take the award for Best Indie Game.
- Best Hardware: HTC Vive Wireless Adapter
- Best Multiplayer Game: Battlefield V (Electronic Arts)
- Best Virtual Reality Game: Blood and Truth (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Best of Gamescom 2018: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Activision Blizzard)
- Best Booth: Fortnite (Epic Games)
- Best Indie Game: Lost Ember (Mooneye Studios)
- Best of CAMPUS: LEDCube (University of Applied Sciences / Adrian Kaul and Hannes Vatter)
Finally, consumers had their chance to vote for certain categories. Blizzard takes the most awards here for Best Consumer Experience and Best Queue Entertainment. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate receives the most votes for Gamescom Most Wanted.
- Best Consumer Experience: Blizzard Entertainment booth
- Best Queue Entertainment: Blizzard Entertainment
- Best Streamer / Letsplayer: Maximilian Knabe (aka HandOfBlood)
- Gamescom Most Wanted: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo)
- Best Developer: Ubisoft
- Best Publisher: Activision
And that’s the Gamesom Awards wrapped up for another year. Be sure to stick around for more coverage of Gamescom 2018.